banner (7K)

eardisley (1K)

Walking towards the village brings us to Eardisley Church. Begun in the 12th century with additions made throughout the 13th and 14th centuries. The Tower was the final addition built in 1708, replacing a wooden bell tower, which is believed to have burned down. The outstanding treasure in the church is the 12th century font, the work of the Herefordshire School of Romanesque sculpture of that time. Its remarkably fine condition reveals a lively style of ornamentation, which combines Celtic, Saxon and Norman Myths and beliefs.
church (33K)


valid-html401 (2K) Valid CSS (1K)





Eardisley 2 Eardisley 2 Eardisley 2 Eardisley 2 Eardisley 2 Eardisley 2 Eardisley 2 Eardisley 2 Eardisley 2 Eardisley 2