Are downloads and updates from the Android Market hanging on your Android phone?
I had this problem a few weeks ago when on holiday. Notifications that updates were available for for my HTC Magic and I could access the Android Market but after being taken through the usual installation screens the download would hang immediately with the progress bar static.
I initially put this down to poor reception but when I returned home the problem continued even over my WiFi connection. I then discovered that people in the UK that had switched their google mail account from @googlemail.com to @gmail.com were experiencing the same problem. I had done this! I went immediately to my account and switched back.
As you can see from above in ‘Settings->Accounts and Import’ there is a link at the end of the ‘Send mail as:’ section which allows you to toggle between the two. I did this and the downloads began working correctly virtually instantly.
In fact switching seems to serve no purpose at all you can still receive and send emails as either gmail or googlemail no matter what your settings. Google are working on the issue but for now they recommend switching back.
How to fix the Humax PVR-9200T if you are getting problems with it freezing / locking / crashing.
(Also my experience with the –:– clock problem in standby and the 9200T’s failure to record in this mode.)
I have owned the Humax PVR-9200T for a good few years now and it has changed the way we watch TV as a family. Bought when the kids were younger because inevitably there was something we wanted to watch at their bedtime. This generally entailed one of us watching the beginning of the program and then filling the other in once the kids were settled. The ability to pause TV was, and is, just brilliant, when the phone rings or unexpected guests arrive etc. but recently the player started to freeze/lock or the remote control would have no effect and although the program could still be viewed the only way to regain control of the unit was to switch it on and off at the mains.
I was convinced the only way to solve the problem was to reformat the hard drive but luckily I took my partners advice and called the excellent Humax support – 0844 669 8800 (UK Customer Helpline). Within minutes they had emailed me the fix, and here, to save you the bother of picking up the phone is the solution they sent:
Please follow the steps below to perform a Default reset;
Power OFF the receiver
Disconnect the Aerial cable
Power On the receiver
Enter your password (default = 0000)
Select Default Setting
Enter your password (Default = 0000)
When the receiver restarts, power off
Connect the Aerial Cable
Power ON – the receiver will then search for the channels.
I hope it works for you too. Enjoy.
UPDATE 02/08/2011: I am now experiencing the dreaded –:– clock problem and have found this thread. This is when the clock displays –:– in standby and won’t record from this mode. I haven’t tried the posted solution yet but by the comments it seems to work. I will post my findings when I get around to it.
UPDATE 03/08/2011: I have just contacted Humax and a new clock board can be purchased for a little over £30.00. However the support engineer suggested that I tried cleaning it as described in the above thread. So I think I will give that a go first.
UPDATE 06/08/2011: So today I removed the clock board following the guidelines here and cleaned it as listed above. It took me about 45 minutes in all to dismantle, clean and reassemble. I used surgical spirit from a local pharmacy and about 5 cotton buds. It worked! and it is quite simple to do, just take your time and hey presto 🙂 Besides, even if it doesn’t it’s certainly worth a try before shelling out £30 for a new board.
If you have a question on any of the above then please post a comment for the benefit of all